CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Oreo Ice Cream Cake Recipe

This ice cream cake tastes so good that I'll
probably never order one from Dairy Queen again!

 Ingredients:
16 oz of Cool Whip, softened
1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream, softened
chocolate syrup
1 package of Oreo cookies
2 tablespoons melted butter
 
Directions:
1. Crush oreos. I throw them in a ziploc bag and
use a rolling pin or something to crush. 
I couldn't find my rolling pin last night, so I used a
hammer... which my husband found pretty funny!
 
2. Reserve about 3/4 cup of Oreo crumbles for later.

3. Mix the melted butter with the rest of the Oreo crumbles.
Then spread in the bottom of a 9x13 dish.
 
4. Spoon vanilla ice cream as evenly as you can on top of the Oreo crust.
**I used two different brands of ice cream because that's
what I already had on hand.... so mine looks a little weird**
 
5. Drizzle a thin layer of chocolate syrup on top of the ice cream.
 
 6. Spread Cool Whip on top of the cake. 

7. Top with reserved Oreo crumbles.
 
8. Freeze overnight for best results. Remove from freezer
about 10 minutes prior to serving.  
 
Thanks for the recipe Jenna =) I made this for work today for
a birthday lunch... and it's completely gone!! I think it was a hit!

2 comments:

Anonymous

Have also done something similar with lemon Oreos and blueberry frozen Greek yogurt. Not as delicious as the chocolate version...but still yummy!

Anonymous

This is all my boy want for their birthday cake year after year. Just finished making it for the umpteenth time. :)

Post a Comment