CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Wintery Crystal Wedding!!

Yesterday was my TWO YEAR anniversary!! AND...
I decided to relive my wedding day by posting about it =)
The whole idea for my wedding was inspired by this
Wish Tree, to use instead of a guestbook:

I thought it was gorgeous and had never been to wedding where
anything like this had been done before. I knew that I wanted a January
wedding, and the idea of a wintery/crystal theme wedding seemed perfect!
With every decision I made, I asked myself the question - "In ten years,
will I look back and think this is tacky?" I really wanted to have a wedding
that was classic and timeless. Two years later I still love everything about it,
so hopefully I'll still feel that way on my ten year anniversary!

My colors for the wedding were black, ivory, and champagne. I knew I
wanted to wear an ivory dress because it would go better with my skin
tone than the traditional white. And I just love the color champagne.
Black is a classic color, so I knew I couldn't go wrong there.

I don't have a picture of my actual invitation, but I will show you the
inspiration for my invitation. If they didn't cost $28 PER invitation, I
would have gotten them! But... I was able to do something very similar for much less!

I ordered similar envelopes that also had the side pocket, except in black, 
 from a local company. We also had this same company print the invitations as
well as the cards for RSVP, Wedding Information, & Dinner Reception. The
 invitation and cards were ivory with dark champagne lettering.  I threaded champagne
colored satin ribbon into the embellishments (the ones I got are shown below) and
wrapped the ribbon around the outside of the black envelope.


 I knew that I wanted black chair covers, champagne chair sashes and champagne
table runners. So when pricing everything, we figured out it would be cheaper to buy
them than to rent! Isn't that crazy?!? But I'm sure glad that was the case, because
we have been able to use the chair covers time and time again, and a few people
have been able to reuse the chair sashes and table runners! I used almost all
rectangle tables to make long lines of tables in the room, and used a couple
round tables towards the front that were reserved for family members.


I had the hardest time deciding what to do for centerpieces. Eventually,we ended up
with a tall, skinny glass vase with 3-4 gold branch clusters with crystals attached
at the ends. I knew this was exactly what I had been wanting. After deciding that this
was what I liked,  my sister said she would go get the rest of the materials. What she didn't
tell me was that these crystal branches were seasonal items being sold for Christmas, and
the store would not order more and only had about 8 in stock!! Rebekah called
everyone she could think of to have them check their local Michael's craft store
and buy as many of these that were left! Even friends of ours that were taking a trip
stopped at Michael's stores along the way to get them! But I didn't know any
of this until we got all the branches that were needed. It was definitely smart to
keep me out of the loop on that one!
I also wanted to do something similar to the centerpieces, but on a much bigger scale.
I had Isaiah cut down tons of branches, and then spray painted them gold.
We got a lot of white lights and Rebekah taped over each light, then spray painted
the wires gold as well... and then, of course, the tape had to be removed. Using 5 gallon
buckets, the branches were set in concrete into the buckets. Then lights draped on
the branches, and crystal ornaments hung on the branches. The buckets were draped with
black fabric with a gold sash around the buckets.  These were placed all around the room.
I loved them!!! The venue asked if they could keep them after the wedding, and since
they were so heavy, it made it easier on us to leave them!

Because I was having a winter wedding, I really REALLY really wanted an ice sculpture!
Isaiah pretty much researched all this for me and after we picked the one we liked,
he did all the ordering and arranging for it to be picked up and stored. This ice sculpture
was set on a table with some of my bridal portraits framed around it, and the table
was the focal point where the food was served. I thought it was beautiful =)

Our wedding cake was beautiful... I actually bought clip on earrings and
attached them to gold satin ribbon and had the cake lady attach them to the
cake.  I LOVE that the lengths of the ribbon were all different =)


The groom's cake was so fun - my husband is an avid hunter, so it was
perfect for him! I found ceramic deer heads and attached a dow rod to the
inside of the heads using insulation foam. My father-in-law cut down a tree
stump and evened it out so that we had a "custom" cake stand! Isaiah
absolutely loved it.... it was probably HIS favorite part of the wedding!

I wanted a huge bouquet, but was trying to cut costs where I could.
My sister and I ended up making all the bouquets for the wedding!
We used ivory silk roses, wrapped the stems with satin champagne ribbon,
and attached a crystal ornament to each bouquet.  I thought they were perfect,
and you really couldn't even tell that they were fake!!

I originally thought that I wouldn't have programs at the wedding.  I just
didn't really think it was necessary.  But not too long before the big day,
I changed my mind! I designed them and my mom printed them on cardstock.
I had seen one other person make a wax emblem on their invitations, and I
thought it was very classy and something different. So I decided to do it on
my programs. It was a TON of work, but they turned out so perfect =)

I wanted kids to come to the wedding, but I thought I should have something
to keep them occupied during the ceremony.  I bought a bunch of silver
tins from the Dollar Store and filled them up with fun things for the kids to
play with - nothing that made noise though! We distinguished the boxes
for boys and boxes for girls by putting a gold bow on the girls boxes, and
black bows on the boys boxes.

Here's some more pictures from the wedding day....
The Backdrop:

My Adorable Parents:


 an AMAZING band - Santa Cruz - they were fantastic!!!

 Both my dad and mom's sides of the family - the Greene's and the Gunter's:

The Groomsmen:


Our nephews - they were tired!!!

 Father/Daughter Dance:

My FAVORITE bridal portrait:

Our Rings:

Bouquet, Shoes, and Garter:

My Wish Tree:

After Isaiah and I had been married for a year, I decided to bust
out my dress and get pictures taken again! It may sound silly, but it
was actually so much fun! My brother-in-law's brother was getting
into the photography business and had not photographed a bride and
groom yet, so this was great "practice" for him and a good excuse for me
to get all dressed up again!! Maybe I'll do it again for our 5 year anniversary =)
Here's some pictures from that session:





I love looking back on that day and remembering how wonderful
it was =) Hope you have a wonderful day, and God bless!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment