CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 1, 2012

Burlap Initial with Floral Fall Wreath

I made a new wreath over the weekend... totally stole the idea
from a wreath I saw at Hobby Lobby!! It was one of the easiest
wreaths I've ever made.... and one of the cutest!!
 
Supplies:
12" straw wreath
ribbon (took every bit of 9 yards that was 1.5" wide)
wooden H letter
burlap
fake flowers/berries/leaves
glue gun & scissors

Directions:
Wrap ribbon around wreath, hot gluing to secure it to the wreath.
Hot glue burlap to the wooden letter. 
Trim off any excess burlap, glue the edges down over the sides (the hardest step for me)
Hot glue the letter in place on the wreath.
Arrange the foiliage around the letter and hot glue in place.

 
 
Could it BE any easier?!?!?
Mine doesn't look EXACTLY like the one at Hobby Lobby - it was
a little more elaborate, with the foliage hanging down - but I was happy
with how it turned out =) Here is the inspiration wreath from Hobby Lobby:

I think the wreath accentuates the mums and pumpkins that
I have out on my front porch... everything is pretty simple though.
I just tied a couple yellow bows to the pumpkins, and wrapped the
yellow mums with burlap.  But I still think it looks nice!
 

Happy Fall Y'all!!


 


0 comments:

Post a Comment