CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Thumbtack Monogrammed Pumpkin

I saw the idea of decorating a pumpkin using thumbtacks on
Pinterest last year and didn't get around to making one then, so I
just HAD to do it this year! And I'm so glad I did, because I love it!

I just wanted a simple monogram ("H" for my last name). Of course,
the easiest way to do this would have been to print the letter from the
computer, but I wasn't really thinking about the most efficient way to do
things.... but I'll tell you what I did.  I had a wooden H that was curvy.
I traced the H onto newspaper and cut it out.
I just placed the newspaper on the pumpkin, and attached it with thumbtacks
to keep it in place.  I completed one section at a time, and had to overlap the
thumbtacks in order to completely cover all the newspaper.
It was a very simple project - the hardest part was finding silver thumbtacks!
I went to 3 different stores before I found what I needed at Michael's!
This size letter took about 200 thumbtacks. If I had to do it over again, I would
have started the letter lower on the pumpkin. Sitting right in front of it, I thought the
letter was low enough, but when it's sitting on the ground, it's a little too high on the
pumpkin for my liking.  But regardless, it's still adorable, and I love that I can keep it
on my porch well past Halloween and on into the Thanksgiving season!

0 comments:

Post a Comment