CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 15, 2011

DIY Ornament Wreath

I recently made my first ornament wreath and I absolutely love it!
It's super simple to do, but just takes a little bit of time.

I started out with a green garland wreath from AC Moore,
it was on sale for about $4.  The one I got was a 24" wreath. I spray
painted the top and sides silver, just in case there would be any gaps
between the ornaments (and there was, so I suggest not skipping this step!).  I
bought a variety of round ornaments from the Dollar Store - it takes more
ornaments than you think - I used over 100! I made a mess in my house for
a couple days, but it was definitely worth it.


Remove the hardware from the top of the ornaments. Using a high temp glue gun, 
hot glue medium size ornaments along the inside of the wreath. Then, hot glue
 large ornaments around the outside of the wreath. Fill in the rest of the wreath
with all the different sizes. You probably won't be able to glue all the ornaments
to the wreath itself, and will need to glue many of the ornaments to each other. 
AND... Voila! You have a beautiful custom wreath.

Hang it on your front door, or on a mirror, like I did.
You'll be glad you made this wreath - it's so festive and stunning!


I've made another kind of Christmas wreath and hope to
post it soon.  Have a wonderful day and God bless!



0 comments:

Post a Comment