CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Marshall Wreath

Marshall's first home game of the season is TODAY... here's
the Marshall themed wreath I made to show our support. I think
this is a craft that my husband will actually approve of!

 
Materials:
4 prong wreath 
floral wire, cut into pieces 
deco mesh (21")
ribbon 
wooden M and U letters
paint and foam paintbrush
 
I started from the inside of the wreath, and just bunched
the deco mesh around the wreath form three times, attaching it
to the wreath form with floral wire each time I wanted to secure a
"bunch." I tied black and white ribbon around the wreath. Then attached
the painted letters with hot glue, and it's done! I know some people make
these kinds of wreaths with TONS of decorative stuff on them, but I wanted
to keep mine a little more simple, so it can be displayed for both football &
basketball season.  Anyways, here's pictures of the progression of making it:

The first "bunch":

After the first time around:

After the second time around:

After the third time around:

After some ribbons were added:

Final product:

 LET'S GO HERD!!
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment