CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Navy and Coral Summer Wedding

I haven't posted anything for a few weeks because I've
been on vacation and then just crazy busy after getting
back! My family and I went to Virginia to attend
my cousin's wedding (and to help decorate for it).
 
So I'm just gonna share a few pics from the wedding...
I didn't take as many as I would've liked, but you'll
get the idea of it!
 
One of my FAVORITE parts of Joy and Brian's wedding was
their guest "book" - they had a large canvas print of one of their
engagement pictures, and each guest signed their name on it. It will
be a beautiful keepsake for their home! I LOVE THIS IDEA and
might be stealing it for a party I'm helping with this year....!!! 
 
Joy asked me to sing at her wedding... It's been a LONG time
since I've been nervous to sing in front of a bunch of people, but I was
this time! The groomsman (Hunter) who played the guitar was
incredible - we practiced together for the first time they day before
the wedding! The song we did was "Love Never Fails" by Brandon Heath.
 
Joy and Brian's colors were navy and coral. I love that the
men all wore gray suits - it's something different from the norm
and it looked great with the navy bridesmaid dresses. On a side note,
you can kind of see my shoes in the pic below.... I found them for just
$5.30!!! Joy just wanted us to wear silver shoes - well, I searched at
tons of stores and didn't see anything that I liked - either the heel was
too short, or they were covered in glitter, or they didn't have my size...
so when I found these on the clearance rack the DAY BEFORE we left,
I was so excited! I knew they were on clearance, but when the cashier said
$5.30, I had to ask her to repeat the price because I couldn't believe it!
 
One of the most precious moments in the ceremony was
during the unity candle. This tradition is done at most weddings,
but Joy and Brian did something different. They had both sets of
parents come up during the ceremony to light the candles. Then
Joy and Brian lit their middle candle, which was set on a rock
to symbolize that their foundation would be set on Christ, the Solid
Rock. Then, while the unity candle song was still going on, Joy and
Brian's parents prayed for them. It was only for the 6 of them to hear,
but it was a precious sight to see!
 
I'm including this picture of Joy and Brian's first kiss because it's
cute, but also to show this arch that Joy's uncle built for the wedding.
He is definitely a talented man!
 
The reception was held at a military base
in Virginia - the room was absolutely
gorgeous! I mean, look at that chandelier!
 
I thought the groom's cake was great...
a Dallas Cowboys cake! Joy's sister, Janna
took fun pictures of Brian and Joy in Cowboys'
gear to display next to the groom's cake. So cute!
 
I love any reason I have to get dressed up. My husband
doesn't really care about it, but I have to brag on him....
he picked out his clothes all by himself! He
looked so handsome, and he even coordinated with my
bridesmaid dress!! Apparently, I've taught him well =)
 
 My mom and dad look so amazing in this picture...
I LOVED my mom's dress - and the coral necklace
with it was perfect for this wedding! Might just have to
borrow that dress from her sometime =)
 
I always love pictures of my mom with her
sisters and her mom... and how perfect
are ALL of their outfits?? Four beautiful women!
 
Had such a fun time - and got spoiled by spending
so much time with my twin!
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment