CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

No Sew Ruffle Tree Skirt

I saw this no sew ruffle tree skirt on Pinterest last year,
and it's been on my to-do list ever since! I finally was able
to make it during my Thanksgiving break and I absolutely love it!
And better yet, it didn't cost me a single penny because I already
had all the materials I needed =)
 
I started out with a large piece of white fabric (I think it used to
be a sheet maybe?). The tree skirt I have used in the past was a
little too small for my 9 foot Christmas tree, so I wanted this
one to be bigger than the standard size. So I put my tree skirt
on top of the sheet and cut around it, but added a couple inches all
the way around. Then I cut a line to the center of the sheet to make the
opening for the tree skirt.
 
 I used gold satin fabric for my tree skirt - the fabric is actually
some of the chair sashes from my wedding! It worked out well, because
the width of the chair sashes was perfect for the tree skirt, so I didn't
actually have to cut any pieces.
 
All I did was hot glue the chair sashes down, pleating the fabric in order
to make a ruffle. I started at the bottom and worked my way up.
Each row should overlap the one before it a little.
It wasn't hard, just took a long time because the tree skirt was so big,
and it just became a little monotonous after a while. Thankfully my sister
glued every other row down for me to give me a break.
  

  
I love how it looks under my tree....  very soon I hope to makea few
more Christmas decoration items using this no sew ruffle technique!!!
 

Merry Christmas!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment